Saturday, February 16, 2008

How will McCain Choose his Running Mate?

When John McCain eliminated viable competitors for the Republican presidential nomination last Tuesday, he set off the next round of parlor games among pundits and political junkies: Pick the VP.

On Friday McCain was asked about his criteria for picking a vice president. He responded:

“The process will begin and the fundamental principle behind any selection of a running mate would be whether that person is fully prepared to take over and share your values, your principles, your philosophy, and your priorities. I think that's the first and only real criteria for the selection of a running mate.”

McCain also dismissed the notion that he must pick someone for geographic balance. He explained that, “From a practical standpoint, I think that former President Clinton and former Vice President Gore showed that you don't have to be regionally different. I think that America is such now, that the quote, regional differences, don't play the role that maybe they did in earlier times.”




His choice of running mate is going to be a make or break issue for me. If he goes left for a running mate - I'll know that his speech at CPAC was all sun shine being blown up our collective butts.

Now Hillary . . . . I can just imagine her picking Bill as her running mate. Wouldn't that be fun!

Obama - he'd have to pick Jesus as his running mate for me to even consider voting for him - and then I would only be CONSIDERING it.

No comments: