Saturday, March 1, 2008

Obama's "Defense" Policy?



Just in case you missed it he said:

“I’m the only major candidate who opposed this war from the beginning.
And as president, I will end it.
I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending.
I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems.
I will not weaponize space.
I will slow our development of future combat systems.
And I will institute an independent defense review board to endure that the quadrennial defense review is not used to justify unnecessary spending.
I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons.
To seek that goal, I will not develop new nuclear weapons.
I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material.
And I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICMBs off hair-trigger alert
and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear program.”

No comments: